Tuesday, October 14, 2003

OneVoice, spitting into the wind for all the good it will do

OneVoice


PROCLAMATION OF PRINCIPLES FOR RECONCILIATION


ABOUT THE PROCLAMATION

As a signatory to this Proclamation, I support resolving the historic dispute between Israelis and Palestinians. Specifically, I endorse the following principles and process:
I ACCEPT the mutual right of both peoples to independence, personal and state security, sovereignty, liberty, dignity, respect and economic viability.


I UNDERSTAND that for the Palestinians ending the occupation and achieving freedom is critical, while for the Israelis ending terrorism and ensuring security is critical. I support these goals.


I SUPPORT co-existence and mutual recognition between the two peoples.


I RECOGNIZE the suffering experienced by both sides.


I SUPPORT diplomatic efforts of leaders pursuing a two-state resolution to this historic conflict.


I UNDERSTAND that the OneVoice Council of Experts will present a set of proposals to the people. These proposals will address core issues necessary to achieve a mutual agreement. I will be able to vote on each separate issue, in an effort to produce a consensus document representing the broadest possible number of Israelis and Palestinians.
THROUGH PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROCESS, I CHOOSE TO RAISE MY VOICE AND STAND WITH THE PEOPLE OF THE REGION IN PURSUIT OF CONCRETE WORKING SOLUTIONS FOR A BETTER FUTURE.

No comments: